Bitcoin Miners Sell $430M BTC, Triggering Market Fluctuation
Why are Bitcoin Miners Selling Over $430 Million Worth of BTC?
Bitcoin miner reserves have seen a decline after the net flow of miners hit an annual low. On January 17, the net flow of Bitcoin miners fell to its lowest level since the beginning of the year. This marked a significant drop in BTC miner reserves.
What is the Net Flow of Miners?
The net flow of miners is an indicator that measures the amount of Bitcoin being sent by miners to exchanges. On January 17, over 10,000 BTC worth around $436 million at the coin’s price at the time were sent to exchanges for resale.
What Does a Decline in Miner Net Flow Mean?
A decrease in the net flow of miners leads to a corresponding decrease in miner reserves, which measures the amount of coins held in the miners’ wallets during the period under consideration. On January 17, the miner reserve of BTC fell by 1%, to its lowest level since the beginning of the year. On this day, 1.82 million BTC were held in all existing miner wallets.
What Impact Does the Decline in Miner Net Flow and Reserves Have?
According to analyst Woo Minkyu of CryptoQuant, this trend could reflect the miners’ strategies for securing long-term operating resources. Selling Bitcoin on the market to cover mining and operating costs is a typical part of their business activities. Such significant sales by miners can affect the market in various ways, potentially leading to short-term price fluctuations for Bitcoin.
Bitcoin in the Last Week
At the time of the press release, BTC was changing hands at $42,695, representing a price decline of 8% in the last week. An analysis of the coin’s price movements on a daily chart showed that the price fall in the last week was a direct response to the bearish trend that has dominated the market since January 12.
What Does the Bearish Trend Mean for Bitcoin?
According to BTC’s Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD) data, the MACD line of BTC crossed the trendline on January 12 and has since only posted red histogram bars. The downward crossing of an asset’s MACD line with its trendline indicates that the market’s upward momentum is waning. It also suggests that a bearish trend could be developing. Those accumulating the asset would see this as a warning sign as it indicates a bearish shift in market dynamics.
Sources: CryptoQuant, CoinMarketCap, TradingView.
The 3 best cryptocasinos
|40x the bonus amount
|40x the winnings from free spins
|20 USDT or equivalent
- Maximum bet per round while wagering: 2 USDT – 0.000066 BTC , 0.01 BCH, 0.0011 ETH, 0.02 LTC, 40 DOGE, 2.8 XRP, 25 TRX, 6.6 ADA, 0.008 BNB, 2 BUSD, 2 DAI, 2 EUR – 2 USD.
- Bonus must be used within 30 days of registration.
|25x deposit & bonus
|Bonus validity period:
- Bonus & deposit must be wagered 25x
- Max amounts: 1 BTC/10 ETH/10,000 USDT/10,000 USDC/100 BCH/200,000 TRX/35,000 ADA/150 LTC/125,000 DOGE
- 7 days to wager
- Minimum deposit: 0.1 mBTC
- Slots 100%, game shows 50%, other 0%
|Bonus must be wagered 40x
|Winnings from free spins must be wagered 40x
|30 USDT or equivalent
|€5 per round
|Only with BTC and USDT deposit
- The free spins are given on Sweet Bonanza.
- VERY IMPORTANT: The bonus is only available when depositing with these methods: BTC & USDT.
- To take advantage of the offer, change your wallet to mBTC (μBTC) or USDT and activate the bonus by clicking on “Redeem Bonus” and entering the bonus code.
- Only the first deposit counts for the bonus.